The Education Outreach Support serves as support for the US Army Cyber Center of Excellence’s (CCoE) education outreach office and its charge to engage with academic institutions (e.g., federal, state, local) to build, grow, and maximize CcoE relations and enhance mission readiness. The Education Outreach shall:
- Review and provide input to regulations, policies, doctrine, programs, systems, practices, and procedures within Learning Innovations Branch (LIB).
- Create descriptive analysis using Excel, SAP, and other Business Intelligence tools, such as graphs, charts, and tables.
- Create word processing documents, electronic emails, spreadsheets, presentations, and other personal computer applications.
- Implement and analyze qualitative and quantitative assessments to help determine the efficiency and effectiveness of outreach programs.
- Coordinate with employers, employee associations, career support offices, and community partners to provide awareness of unique Army employment programs and initiatives.
- Serve as education support for continuing education and credentialing programs.
- Participate in working groups for educational topics. Prepare reports and recommendations for improving the development and evaluation of educational products and partnerships.
- Consult with representatives of academia and industry on partnerships and outreach efforts for improving workforce employment.
- Research best practices of other services and agencies/organizations with similar education outreach missions and responsibilities.
- Support both major and routine program events, meetings, and conferences.
- Liaise with CCoE internal and external organizations, Department of Defense (DOD), HQDA, TRADOC, K-12 and postsecondary administration, and representatives of the community to provide current and accurate information on the Army University and CCOE’s education outreach mission.
- Conduct research to integrate and implement training concepts and strategies, determine applicability of emerging educational technology or methods for improving Cyber Center instruction, and determine solutions to training problems and issues.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree from accredited college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Business, or related field. In lieu of degree, three additional years of experience in above areas.
- Two years’ experience in data collection and analysis, representing organizations at institutions of higher learning, event planning, business and academia sponsorship solicitation; consulting with Federal, State, local academia and industry on partnerships for outreach efforts; utilizing advanced presentation speaking skills (e.g., tailoring content and delivery for different audiences, presenting confidently to large or small groups); preparing and managing correspondence IAW AR 25-50; reviewing and providing input to regulatory guidance, policies, and doctrine.
- Possess clear, competent technical writing skills; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build/maintain relations with partners/stakeholders.
- Possess computer abilities Microsoft Office suite.
- Graduate of Installation Staff Contractor Training Course (ISCTC), Support Cadre Training Course (SCTC), Army Basic Instructor Course (ABIC) certification or equivalent or meet requirements to complete within 60 days of contract start date.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Possess the capability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Possess and maintain all required training and certifications.
- Possess skills/knowledge of performing office automation work including word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, presentations, PC applications, typing variety of materials from rough draft into final form including narrative and tabular material (e.g., correspondence, reports, forms), maintaining records, historical records, survey results, reference library of training catalogs, regulations, other miscellaneous publications, establishing/maintaining office functional/reference files, KM applications (SharePoint, Blackboard), Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power BI, etc.).
- Experience with Army-standard desktop applications/configurations (daily reporting programs, Army Gold Master configurations).
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
Possess SECRET security clearance throughout life of contract; favorable T1/NACI at contract start and maintain throughout life of contract.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Normal hours for conducting business between the hours 0800 to 1700 Monday thru Friday except Federal Holidays or when the Government facility is closed due to local or national emergencies, administrative closings, or similar Government directed facility closings.
These operating hours and days may vary based on the requirements of the agency. Shift work may be required. Contractor personnel work schedules may be “flexed” to meet the training needs of the Cyber Center of Excellence duty periods during regular training and exercises, while still adhering to the standard five-day work week. Overtime will not be authorized.
The work to be performed under this contract will be performed at various locations within the CCoE G-3\5\7 footprint located on Fort Gordon, Georgia. Contractors may be required to travel to other locations on Fort Gordon to participate required training, conferences, briefings, and attend necessary training/certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Multimedia Design Support position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, but only after full disclosure by the applicant.
- Position generally requires light work with occasional lifting of up to (30) pounds or more, carrying supplies, equipment.
- The job requires varying amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- This position requires the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to communicate clearly with an excellent comprehension of the English language is essential.
- Work is generally performed in an indoor setting.
Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties described in the work environment.
Travel within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) to support tasks and requirements may be required.
ATL provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information and/or predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status, veteran status, or other protected class status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. The Company also prohibits retaliation against any employee who exercises his or her rights under applicable anti-discrimination laws. Veterans with expertise in these areas are highly encouraged to apply.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans offered to all employees.
401K plan with up to 4% matching
Long-term and Short-term Disability
Standard Life Insurance
Training and Tuition Assistance
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Apply online at www.at-leaders.com and click on Careers.
**This position is in support of current opportunities.**